27th February 2009

Hi Britain,

Sorry I haven't been in touch for a little while. You know what it's like...
Well, really I just wanted to share this picture of a notice outside a local school here.



I'm not really sure what they are saying but I'm pretty sure they are not an Aboriginal rights group so I'm not really sure who they are trying to represent as 'Australians'.
I know you have the BNP and I've always been a bit confused about what they stood for. They seem to believe that for some reason that the 'British' are a pure race, or at some time were. However, the fact that the people they claim to stand up for are Anglo-Saxons, in itself a compound noun, gives a clue that they aren't a pure breed. Anyway, I find it all a bit ridiculous.

But nowhere near as ridiculous as these 'Australians' trying to put down multiculturalism. Australia is such a new country and, putting aside for the moment the fact that this country was invaded, Australians have always come from everywhere. Why everyone can't accept that all these people coming and making a new society is the reason this country is great is beyond me. It took long enough to get away from the 'white Australia' policy, I don't know why people would want to hark back to it. And who do we include, just people with a British background? The Irish? Italians? Greeks? Why on earth has anyone got any more claim to this land than anyone else? The only people with a really legitimate claim are the First Australians and yet they are clearly not included by these people.
I know nothing about the Australia first party, nor do I want to. I wanted to get away from nationalist racism but it followed me here.

Keep on battling those doing things in your name for their own gains!
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment